College Librarians, also known as Subject Specialists, provide information services tailored to the needs of each faculty, staff and students of each of Virginia Tech's colleges.
These librarians serve their colleges in a variety of ways incuding:
- Purchasing materials - books, videos, serials, databases - in support of the college;
- Providing subject specific research;
- Helping design realistic assignments that will deepen and test discipline-specific information skills;
- Teaching information skills sessions;
- Leading or arranging tours of the libraries; and
- Assisting with distance education classes.
College Librarians serve on departmental committees, partner with faculty in grants and research, assist graduate degree candidates with literature reviews, and prepare class-specific web pages. Find your subject specialist today!