Alternative Access to Articles
There are ways to access articles that may be housed behind a publisher paywall. If you need assistance or have questions about accessing articles, please contact the University Libraries.
- Install browser plug-ins Open Access Button and Unpaywall
- Contact the author directly. Many universities have faculty open access policies and research is deposited in the university’s institutional repository. Virginia Tech’s institutional repository is VTechWorks.
- Connect with the author through ResearchGate.
- Search for open access copies through Google Scholar and PubMed Central.
- OSF Preprints indexes many online repositories, so you can search from one box.
- Contact the University Libraries’ interlibrary loan experts. They can get you the articles you need within a few days.