Maker Camp 2022
MAKER CAMP RETURNS SUMMER 2022!
Maker Camp will be held in-person August 9th-12th. Stay tuned for registration opening soon!
Prepare for Maker Camp 2022 by checking out some of our amazing space-theme challenges from Maker Challenge Week 2021!
Today’s Project: Make something you might wear or use in space
- Helmet, hat, or headband
- Space suit or wings
- Gauntlets, jewelry or armour
- Boots or gloves
- Space roller skates
- Camera, flag, rock collecting kit, or space shield
Today’s Project: Make a game for aliens or astronauts to play in space
- Meteorite cornhole or Saturn ring toss
- Board game
- Ball game (basketball, yard bowling, bocce, or billiards, mini golf)
- Skill game (marble maze, skee ball, plinko, or pinball)
- Astronaut adventure game
- Game of your favorite space movie, show, or story
- Card flip game of planets
Who is eligible to participate?
Any person of any age is welcome to participate. You don’t have to be affiliated with Virginia Tech, so come one come all! But, if you’re under 18, you should always ask your adult for permission and assistance. Parents or guardians should approve of and assist with all submissions for those under 18.
How will this work?
We will release 5 challenges through this web page and on the University Libraries' social media feeds. Take pictures or short videos to document how you make your thing and the finished product then share those with us if you like. We will only share pictures of creations, not people, so keep that in mind when taking photos.
Participants can complete a submission for each day of the challenge they choose to participate in, so feel free to submit 1, 2, or all 5 days!
How to submit pictures or videos!
Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your first name
- The name of your creation
- An explanation of what you made and how you made it, if you want.
- Which challenge you were working on when you made what is in the pictures.
- Attach pictures or videos of your creation to the email.
* Remember pictures should be of your creation, not you!
* We reserve the right to edit photos prior to sharing
When sending pictures or video please only send them in the following formats: pictures: .JPG . JPEG .PNG .GIF, videos: .MP4 .MOV .AVI
By emailing us photos of what you create you will receive an evaluation survey once Maker Challenge Week has concluded.
What happens next?
The week after Maker Challenge Week we will share a video of the best and biggest successes, failures, and most fun moments of 2021!
It can be really helpful to ask other for feedback on what you're making to help you figure out problems, or just make it better! Check out the following guide for some helpful tips on asking for feedback.
When making be safe! Be sure to:
- Ask an adult for help if you need it
- Keep your work area clean
- Be careful with scissors or other cutters
- Unplug hot glue guns when not in use
- Put caps back on glue sticks or bottles